I Dream of Ibiza May 15 2016
Our planet contains countless hidden paradises waiting to be discovered. Places where white sand meets green water under our dazzling sun. However, few of these paradises offer the opportunity to partake in a nightlife and party scene as ridiculous as the one in Ibiza, Spain.
The island of Ibiza sits just off Spain’s eastern coast, about halfway between the mainland and the island of Majorca. If you’re in Europe, to miss out on flying to Ibiza in the summer is a shame! It is one of the premier nightlife and electronic music hubs in the world.
Flying to Ibiza is fast and cheap from most European capitals. Low cost European airline RyanAir offers flights ranging as low as 31 Euro ($34) from Barcelona to 90 Euro ($100) from Paris! See below for more ways to save on travel costs.
What It’s All About
Ibiza is all about partying. Period. Especially in the summer, the club scene is sprawling and out of control. We’re talking about tens of thousands of tourists raging in dozens of different nightclubs at night until the sun comes up. Then it’s time to sleep until noon, where most people head to the gorgeous, sun-drenched beaches. The evenings are filled with tasty Mediterranean cuisine, ambient music in cafes, and world-renowned sunsets.
Are you sold on it yet? You should be. Because in everything I just mentioned, Ibiza boasts some of the best in the world. Take these examples:
The Music - Some of the world’s best DJ’s have been playing at Ibiza clubs for decades. Take Carl Cox for example, who has been playing in Ibiza at the Residence and Club Space for 23 years, was voted Best International DJ and Best Techno DJ of 2015 by the DJ Awards. He’ll be ending residency this summer, but he’s just one of many world renowned DJs who frequent Ibiza, including Judge Jules, Luciano, Steve Lawler, and Dave Pearce.
The Beaches - The island is about ten times the size of the island of Manhattan, so the amount of beaches to choose from can be overwhelming. Most of the beaches are so great that you really can’t go wrong, with white sand and warm, blue-green water everywhere.
The Nightclubs - The nightclubs are world-class in Ibiza, with many to choose from. The most famous and popular are:
7 Ways to Save on Travel Costs to Ibiza
- Book your flights with RyanAir, one of Europe’s cheapest airline options in the region.
- Book your hotel as far in advance as possible! The smaller (cheaper) hotel options sell out first.
- For clubs, pre-purchase your tickets online instead of at the door. Use Ibiza-Spotlight.com.
- If you’re going to the club in a large group, find out the prices of bottle service, as it could be cheaper than individual drinks.
- Pre-Game it! Duh. Alcohol from supermarkets is much, much cheaper than the clubs.
- Download the Ibiza Bus app and take the bus to the clubs, which is much cheaper than the taxi cabs.
- Split cabs with other nightclub goers whenever possible!
3 Pro-Tips for Getting the Most out of Ibiza
1. Master the Art of Hangover Recovery - Mix cold, filtered water with Raveolution Recovery Formula in order to optimally replenish your body with vitamins, electrolytes, and antioxidants every morning so that you can head to the beach feeling alert, recovered, and energized. Make sure that water is ice cold! Why? Ice cold water will boost your metabolic rate and increase absorption.
Save 10% On Your Order! Use Promo Code "IBIZA10" At Checkout
2. Learn Some Pick-Up Lines in Spanish - While English is widely spoken on Ibiza, it can’t hurt to memorize these gems:
¿Estás perdido? Porque el cielo es un largo camino desde aquí.
Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here.
Si te digo que tienes un cuerpo precioso,¿me lo restregaràs por la cara?
If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
Disculpa, ¿Sabes cuánto pesa un oso polar?
Excuse me, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?
Suficiente para romper el hielo, hola me llamo….. (insert name here).
Enough to break the ice. Hi my name is…..