ULTRA…Broke? April 30 2016
When festival season kicked off, as the dust settled after Ultra Music Festival in Miami and Beyond Wonderland in SoCal, many attendees felt the effects of the weekend on their bank balance and credit cards. Everybody works hard to save up for these events or to recover from their debts afterwards. It’s not cheap, and the costs of having a magical weekend can add up quickly. For the typical out-of-towner, these are the major costs for an event like Ultra:
- Tickets: $299 for early birds to $349 for payment plan tickets ($1250 for VIP but who’s dropping that kind of dough?!)
- Hotels: Depends on how nice of a room you need, but unless you want to be in a Super 8 in a bad neighborhood, you’re looking at ~$140 per night, for 3 nights.
- Flights: Obviously depends on where you’re flying in from, and thankfully domestic airfare costs are at their lowest levels in the last decade, but you’re still looking at an average round-trip ticket cost of at least $350.
Let’s stop right here. Already, we’re talking about a bare minimum of ~$1,000, and that’s just to show up and attend, without eating, drinking, Uber charges, and all the health supplements you’ll need to recover from each night!
TOP 5 WAYS TO SAVE TONS OF CASH NEXT TIME
For one weekend of fun, that’s a lot of money. Here are the top five ways to shave a good chunk off that cost next year while still having an awesome experience:
Download the Hotels.com app and check out the available coupons available for when you book using the mobile app. You should be able to knock $30-$50 off your stay. Don’t forget about AIRBNB. You don’t need anything fancy, you’re not going to be spending much time at your accommodation other than sleeping, right? Hunt for AirBNB deals ahead of time, and make sure to message the owner to confirm details, such as how many people you are allowed to have stay there.
2. REMINDER: PLAN AHEAD
Set a Calendar reminder for September 29, 2016 to check to see if early bird tickets are available for 2017. This is the date tickets went on sale last year and should be the same this year. Also, check back on the official site for updates.
3. UP UP AND AWAY: FLIGHTS
Hack your Flight Cost: this is a biggie, and lots of people just buy whatever the cheapest flight is on aggregate sites, like Kayak or Expedia, without going the extra mile to really see if they can save. Here’s what you can do:
- Check the airline’s website to confirm buying a ticket through them isn’t cheaper. Sometimes it is even less than what travel sites are advertising.
- Sign up for a branded airline credit card and begin putting all of your expenses on it to churn miles. (Of course, pay it off and don’t be foolish with credit). A great domestic one is the American Airlines cards, some of which offer 50,000 miles for joining
4. CREATE MEMORIES: MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME
Prevent wasted downtime due to recovery during the festival. And don’t fall into the trap of taking a ton of different supplement pills and aspirin to allow you to keep going even when you’re exhausted. Simply purchase some Raveolution Recovery Formula and have it ready to use each morning at the festival. It is important to optimally replenish your body with vitamins, electrolytes, and antioxidants! This will allow you to fully enjoy your experience, and to keep going when other people are biting the dust!
Save 10% On Your Order! Use Promo Code "SAVE10" At Checkout
If not, you’re looking at wasting a lot of money on over-the-counter supplements. You would be popping 10+ pills instead of drinking 1 tasty recovery drink. Even more, you’re not getting sufficient electrolytes, and you’re not improving your hydration! See what the people are saying about Raveolution Recovery Formula below, and how subscribing to the REVIVE Club can save you over 40% on your supplement costs!
5. BE MINDFUL OF TRANSPORTATION COSTS
From your hotel or AirBnB to the festival, it is best to use UberX to save money and to be safe. Remember that you can use the “Split the Fare” feature in the App with friends to prevent them from “forgetting” to pay you back. And use the “uberRAVEOLUTION” coupon code to save $15 on your next ride!
USE THIS FREE, HELPFUL BUDGETING TOOL TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR NEXT FESTIVAL!
Sometimes it helps us to visually see and plan how much we are truly spending. You work hard to save your money, so it's beneficial to see how it's spent!